What to Do if You’re in an Accident
Save up to 30% Online Today!
Accidents Happen to Everyone.
Likely, you’ll find yourself involved in an auto accident at some time in your life, if you haven’t been involved in one already. Just remember, accidents happen, but a little advanced preparation never hurts.
Following a few simple guidelines and knowing what questions to ask helps drivers remain calm and handle traffic incidents safely and effectively.
- Remain Calm — Keep your composure and remain in control of the situation.
- Make sure your passengers are OK — Move a safe distance off the roadway and remain at the scene. Activate the vehicle’s hazard lights to warn approaching motorists.
- Call the Police — Call 911 or the police department’s direct line.
- Contact Your Insurance Company — You need to file your claim quickly so your insurance company can work to resolve your claim.
- Do Not Admit Fault — Only discuss the accident with the police and your claims representative.
- Exchange information with the other driver involved. — Write down the name, address, phone number and license numbers for all drivers and witnesses, particularly those who were not riding in a vehicle involved in the accident. Ask for the insurance companies and policy numbers for drivers involved in the car accident.
You can speak with Cost-U-Less Customer Service Representative. You may also call us at 866-505-6767 and we can assist you with making a claim.