Snowmobile Insurance in California
Enjoy Max Protection During Winter Fun
Affordable Snowmobile Insurance in CA
When you are ready to hit the trails on your snowmobile, don’t forget to protect yourself by dressing appropriately and having the right kind of snowmobile insurance. Although you don’t legally have to carry snowmobile insurance in California, smart riders will insure their sleds to protect them against financial loss. This coverage is separate from your regular car insurance.
At Cost-U-Less Insurance, our agents can help you find snowmobile insurance that fits your needs and budget, so you can enjoy the snow with peace of mind.
What is Snowmobile Insurance?
It protects you against a lawsuit if you inadvertently hurt or injure someone else while operating your snowmobile. It can also protect you financially if your sled gets stolen or damaged. It typically provides:
- Property damage liability: This helps protect you financially if you damage someone else’s property while operating your snowmobile. This could be something like running into someone’s fence or running into someone else’s sled.
- Bodily injury liability: This will help you pay for someone else’s injuries if you hit them with your snowmobile. This coverage is in force if you hit a pedestrian, such as a skier, or if you cause an accident.
- Collision: Similar to auto collision insurance, this protection provides financial help to repair your snowmobile if the event of a crash.
- Comprehensive: Again, much like auto comprehensive, this coverage compensates you for damage to your snowmobile outside of a collision, such as vandalism or theft, fire and hail.
Other optional add-on types include uninsured rider coverage, medical payments coverage and coverage for accessories. You can also increase your coverage to a level that suits you.
Am I Required to Have Snowmobile Coverage in CA?
Yes and no. Yes, if you plan to drive on public lands or roads then you must have the state-required liability insurance coverage of $15,000/$30,000 (bodily injury) and $5,000 (property damage). If your snowmobile is financed, your lender may require full coverage. However, if you are only operating on private land, then no.
How Much Does It Cost?
It averages between $100 to $500 for basic coverage that includes liability. Of course, the deductible you select, as well as your coverage limits, your age and other factors will affect your premium cost.
Ready to Get a Quick Quote?
What Isn’t Covered in My Policy?
There are several scenarios when you may not be covered by your policy. These include:
- Using your snowmobile as a delivery service
- Renting your snowmobile to customers
- Racing or doing stunts
Even though riding your sled in the snow may prove tempting for fast speeds and sliding around, remember these things may end up disqualifying you from receiving your insurance coverage if something happens.
Find Affordable Snowmobile Insurance Quotes in California Today
Getting insurance you can afford is easy at Cost-U-Less Insurance. Make sure you’re protected when you hit the snowy trail. Get a fast and free or give us a call at 800-390-4071. Don’t forget you can stop in one of our convenient locations.