We can help you research and sort through your options.
Protect Your Home and Possessions with Homeowners Insurance
For homeowners, insurance protection is an important aspect of homeownership. Buying homeowners insurance, also called home insurance, means buying protection for your home — both inside and out.
What is homeowners insurance?
Homeowner’s insurance compensates you for losses to your home and your possessions inside it, so purchasing a homeowners policy provides added security for your investment. Home insurance also protects you if you’re legally liable for injuries on your property, as well as from financial losses caused by storms, fire, theft and other events outlined in your policy.
Choosing the right policy means finding the right mix of coverage to meet your needs. Cost-U-Less offers customizable home insurance coverage at affordable rates.
What does homeowners insurance cover?
Generally, a standard homeowner’s insurance policy protects the following:
- The physical structure of your home
- Structures on your property (storage sheds, pools, boathouses, etc.)
- Your personal property and belongings inside your home, up to specified limits
- Your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or your family members cause to other people
- Injuries to your household pets while inside your home
- Additional living expenses if a fire or other insured disaster leaves you temporarily unable to live in your home
For an additional fee, you can select optional homeowner’s insurance coverage, including:
- Higher limits of liability for property damage or bodily injury
- Replacement cost for personal property
- Protection for valuables (jewelry, watches, fur, etc.)
- Additional coverage for electronics or computer equipment
To make shopping for the right homeowner’s policy easier, take an inventory of what you own to decide the level of coverage you need.
How do I get homeowners insurance?
Cost-U-Less can help you find a homeowners insurance policy that fits your needs and budget. Homeowners insurance quotes are available online or over the phone at 800-538-3213.